The following list constitutes the complete formal specification of the SapphireTrend product. These are the criteria that SapphireTrend
should be judged against for product acceptance purposes.
Installation and System Requirements
- Compatible with NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003, Server 2008 and Windows 7.
- Installshield based installation process.
- GUI for system administration and configuration.
- Configurable access based on username and TCP/IP addresses.
- Client/Server architecture, which can be run on a single PC (single user) or on a network (multi-user).
- Configurable access levels via user roles and privileges.
- Data acquisition is based on the industry standard OLE for Process Control (OPC).
- User definable scan-rates, period and number of items for data collection.
- Accommodates scan times down to 1 second.
- Employs tolerance windows to guarantee data integrity.
- User can stagger data collection to minimize the loading on the underlying control systems.
- In built performance items allowing the data acquisition system performance to be trended and analysed.
- Ability to add new items for data collection (both individually and in bulk).
- Ability to change scan-rates, durations and volumes on the fly.
- UTC time-stamping avoiding daylight savings and time zone issues.
- Support for multiple plots within a single instance of the application.
- Support for more multiple pens per plot.
- Configuration files allowing details of a session, individual plot or user preferences to be saved.
- Ability to synchronize plots such that they display the same time periods.
- Multiple scale modes allowing (manual, auto, actual and linked).
- Configurable plot controls allowing the user to trade control for increased plot acreage.
- User defined or pre-configured display arrangements.
- Fully integrated Print capabilities.
- In built context sensitive help.
- Zoom, panning and dialog based procedures for adjusting the display period.
- Plot cursor allowing data values to be viewed for specific times.
- List based pen configuration system allowing quick mapping of OPC items to pens.
- User definable color palette for both pens and plot areas.
- Provision of an Active X control for embedding fully functional plots within other applications (including a programmers API).
Export and Archive
- Ability to export data to defined ASCII formats.
- Ability to Schedule Exports.
- Capability to preserve, interpolate or inherit missing or bad data values.
- Ability to archive data for offline analysis at a later date.